We celebrate and rejoice in the good days we experience throughout our week. But every now and then, a tough day sneaks up and parks its miserable little self at our front doorstep, hoping to trip us up on our way out.
Tough days can test our spirits, patience, and, some times, our faith. That testing depends on the degree of those tough days and the reaction it provokes from us.
It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
—Charles R. Swindoll
How do we create a positive reaction during our tough days?
1) Be strong, courageous, and know that we are not alone. (Joshua 1:9)
2) Cast our cares upon Him. (Psalm 55:22)
3) Do not worry or be anxious about anything. (Philippians 4:6)
4) Be joyous even in the difficult days, because it is a testing of our faith and the development of perseverance. (James 1:1)
5) And remember, this too shall pass. (For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. —2 Corinthians 4:17-18 NLT)
I leave you with one of my favorite morning prayers:
Sovereign Lord, since You are in charge of my life, directing my steps, I really don’t have to understand everything that happens. So I commit my day into Your loving hands where there is absolute power and authority. I trust You. Your plan always leads to victory. Amen.
Keep a smiling. Stay strong. Don’t give up and don’t give in.
Fight. Finish. Faith. (2 Timothy 4:7 NKJV)
Grab a cup of encouragement from the Coffee For Your Heart: 2014 Encouragement Challenge by Holley Gerth. Sharing an encouraging word every Wednesday.