On the eve of Election Day 2012, I’ve decided to add my “2 cents” in the politics discussion. What are my thoughts about tomorrow’s election? I have never been one to discuss politics because of a few reasons:
1) Being in sales, typically salespeople are taught to avoid discussions on politics and religion. Now some salespeople may not follow the rule like I do, but I have my reasons why I follow the unwritten rule.
2) In my opinion, people become irate and irritable discussing their particular candidate of choice.
3) I am a “Kumbayah” type of person and I dislike conflict.
4) It never seems people can simply agree to disagree in their political debates.
5) Most important: there is no reason for me to “bust a blood vessel” arguing over who is a better candidate! Because when the election is over, neither candidate is going to come debate the issues with my boss about my abilities to do the job or raise money for my merit increase! LOL!
Some people are passionate in their discussions on politics. And there are some who become heated, irate and abusive in their discussions that it becomes scary to me. Being passionate about something doesn’t equate to being hateful and disrespectful to someone for their views. Those are the moments in which I can not handle and it is best to walk away. As a result, I avoid political discussion all together.
As far as I am concerned, neither candidate – Democrat or Republican – can save me from hell or give me a pass straight to Heaven. It is up to me to make a difference in my community and it is up to us, collectively, to make a difference in this world. What are you doing, when this election is over, to help your community? What are you doing to make this place – community, state, nation – a better place? Most important, who are you truly putting your trust in? As for me, Psalm 118:8 states it well for me… “It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.”
Whatever your political views may be, VOTE! It’s your civic duty and honor as a citizen of this country. Make it count.
Be blessed and be a blessing,
Fight. Finish. Faith (2 Timothy 4:7 NKJV)